We are currently seeking an experienced woodworker to join our team of dedicated individuals. Position to start immediately, or ASAP.
Our excellent team of fabricators is responsible for the production of our beautiful custom-made furniture and architectural woodwork. We use our wits, experience, and a mix of tools to make design visions into physical works of fine craft. To be an effective member of our team requires an understanding of both solid and engineered wood building fundamentals. Our high quality standards require attention to detail and accuracy to ensure that every piece that leaves our doors is one we are all proud to have our name on. Our competitive market demands that an efficient and productive pace of work is maintained throughout all of our processes. We work together to meet our goals and do our best work in a positive workplace of our own creation.
Primary Fabricator/Craftsperson Responsibilities
· Be a thoughtful and vigorous team player with a good attitude about work in general and specifically about working with others to improve work efficiency and overall team happiness.
· Receive, absorb and interpret project design information. Use clear communication to seek clarification of any question regarding details or overall intent.
· Create project workflow plan and material selection lists and/or cut lists as needed.
· Set up, operate, and maintain all manner of woodworking equipment, such as table saws, band saws, planers, jointers, wide-belt sanders, CNC routers, hand tools both powered and manual, etc.
· Accurately and efficiently cut, shape, join and sand solid and engineered wood parts.
· Take rough solid wood through all phases of machine transformation into square, flat, accurately dimensioned components.
· Cutting veneered panels and working with them in a way that preserves and avoids damage of delicate veneered surfaces.
· Verify dimensions of machined parts using various measuring devices.
· Use glues, joinery techniques, and fasteners of various types depending on what the project requires to create strong, tight-fitting joints and/or seams in wood.
· Use various sanding equipment and handwork to create very smooth surfaces as required by the project standard and following finishing processes.
· Ensure that all pieces are fully completed and functional per design intent and that all of the fabrication processes are fully resolved before the piece moves on to final finishing
· Make clear and complete handoff of project package to finishing department, including all parts, drawings and any necessary detail communication.
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->It would be a plus if craftsperson has meaningful wood finishing experience and enjoys finishing work.
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->CAD abilities a plus.
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Veneer processing and layups on occasional basis.
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Post-finishing re-assembly of work as needed.
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Crating and/or pre-shipment readiness tasks.
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Assist Finishers with movement, assembly, disassembly and other finishing processes as necessary.
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Keep all work spaces and shop areas in general clean.
<!-- [if !supportLists]-->· <!--[endif]-->Work proactively and cooperatively with Production Manager and all team members to ensure all deadlines are met.
Pay is negotiable, and dependent on skills and experience. If interested and qualified, please contact our HR Coordinator, Becky Burris, at email@example.com with your resume and a list of references.